Privacy & Cookies Statement
This Privacy & Cookies Statement describes how Field Controls, LLC (“Company“, “we”, “us”, or “our”) collects, uses, shares, and otherwise processes Personal Data (as defined below) about individuals when they visit, use, or interact with our website https://fieldcontrols.com/ and any other site that links to this Privacy & Cookies Statement, or our emails (our “Sites”); purchase our products; apply for a job with our company; or otherwise interact with us online and offline (altogether referred to as our “Services”). For purposes of this Privacy & Cookies Statement, “Personal Data” means any information that is related to or is reasonably capable of being associated with an individual.
What personal data is being gathered, and how is this data being used?
Information Collection and Use
Field Controls sells products and offers services to individuals and businesses and may collect Personal Data directly from individuals, but it also may collect Personal Data from other legal entities. We collect the following categories of Personal Data directly from you and from third-party sources such as our distributors, our customers, third-party partners, advertising networks, and other companies and organizations.
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, account identifiers, email address, IP address, postal address, phone number, or other similar information related to you or your role as a company representative.
- Demographic information/protected classifications, such as age and gender.
- Commercial and transactional information, such as payment card or other financial information, to provide the services and products you have purchased, obtained, or considered purchasing with us; transaction history; and payment details.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your company name and job responsibilities.
- Education information, such as educational institutions attended.
- Geolocation information.
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, such as your unique device identifiers, data about usage of and interaction with our Sites or advertisements, and information collected from cookies and other data tracking technologies.
Finally, if you are applying to a job at our Company, we may collect the following categories of Personal Data directly from you or from third-party partners we engage with for recruiting purposes:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, postal address, email address, or other similar identifiers and contact information.
- Demographic information/protected classifications, such as your age, gender, and veteran status.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your work history and professional experience.
- We may draw inferences about applicants’ characteristics, abilities, and aptitudes from Personal Data provided to us in connection with an application .
- Sensitive Personal Data, such as your ethnic or racial background, your disability status, and sexual orientation information if you choose to provide it.
- Any other Personal Data you choose to provide to us in connection with your application.
Use of Personal Data
The purposes for which we use Personal Data are as follows:
|Purpose of Use||Categories of Personal Data|
|Provide our products and services and communicate with you.
|Identifiers and contact information; demographic information/protected classifications; commercial and transactional information; professional and employment-related information; education information; geolocation information; internet and other electronic network activity information; a.|
|Complete transactions||Identifiers and contact information; commercial and transactional information; geolocation information; internet and other electronic network activity information.|
|Manage accounts and maintain business operations.||Identifiers and contact information; demographic information/protected classifications; commercial and transactional information; professional and employment-related information; education information; geolocation information; internet and additional electronic network activity information.|
|Improve our Sites and Services||Identifiers and contact information; demographic information/protected classifications; commercial and transactional information; geolocation information; internet and other electronic network activity information.|
|Protect the security and effective functioning of our Sites, Services, and information technology systems.||Identifiers and contact information; demographic information/protected classifications; commercial and transactional information; professional and employment-related information; education information; geolocation information; internet and other electronic network activity information.|
|Provide relevant marketing||Identifiers and contact information; demographic information/protected classifications; commercial and transactional information; professional or employment-related information; education information; geolocation information; internet and other electronic network activity information.|
|Address compliance and legal obligations.
|All categories of Personal Data, to the extent required.|
|Consider individuals for employment and contractor opportunities and manage onboarding procedures.||Personal Data identified above in connection with job applicants.|
Disclosure of Personal Data
We disclose Personal Data with the following categories of recipients:
- Within the affiliated group: We disclose limited customer Personal Data as well as non-identifiable aggregated data with our ultimate parent company, Heico Holding, Inc., in the United States (controller) and its subsidiaries (collectively, “HEICO“) as necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Vendors and agents working on our behalf: We may disclose Personal Data to 3rd parties to perform our services and respond to inquiries; manage accounts and maintain our business operations; protect and maintain our systems; host our Sites and other online platforms; provide relevant marketing; address compliance and legal obligations; and carry out other purposes listed above.
- Business partners: We disclose Personal Data to our business partners for our and their own purposes, such as companies that operate cookies and other tracking technologies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these companies when they use Personal Data for their own purposes. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies to understand how they process Personal Data.
- Auditors, advisors, and financial institutions: We disclose Personal Data with auditors for the performance of audit functions, with advisors for providing legal and other advice, and with financial institutions concerning payment and other transactions.
- Corporate purchasers: We disclose Personal Data with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of Company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Data would be transferred as an asset of Company.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We disclose Personal Data to comply with any subpoena, court order or another legal process, or other governmental request to share Personal Data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
If you have questions about the parties with which we disclose Personal Data, please get in touch with us as specified below.
You have control regarding our use of Personal Data for marketing. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you may choose not to receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as detailed below.
What are cookies?
When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Cookies are small amounts of data stored on your browser, device, or viewing page. This information might be about you, your preferences, or your device and is mainly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information only sometimes directly identifies you but can give you a more personalized web experience. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while others are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website.
Cookies on our Sites are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required to operate our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
- Functionality Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Sites and make them easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies because they stay on your device for us to use during a visit to our Sites. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
- Advertising Cookies: These record your visit to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Sites and other websites you visit. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies because they remain on your device for us to use during your subsequent visits to our Sites. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings. See below for further details on third-party targeting cookies.
What are your options if you do not want cookies on your computer?
To manage your cookies preferences for our Sites, you can visit our cookie management tool by clicking the Revoke Consent below.
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise your choices for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use essential functions or features of these Sites, and you may be required to re-enter your login details.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest-based advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise confident choices regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), Network Advertising Initiative, , or your device settings if you have the DAA or other mobile app.
Given the divergent practices of organizations that offer browsers and the lack of a standard in the marketplace, we generally do not respond to do-not-track signals at this time.
Notice to Residents in California
If you reside in California, you may have certain rights in your Personal Data.
Regarding “Sharing” and “Selling” Personal Data for Targeted Advertising. We may share your Personal Data with third parties to perform advertising activities relating to marketing, analytics, or service performance measurements. This type of processing may also constitute a “sale” or “sharing” for targeted advertising under California law. We may sell or share the following categories of Personal Data for such purposes: identifiers and contact information, demographic information/protected classifications; commercial information, and internet and other electronic network activity information.
We do not otherwise sell your Personal Data to third parties in exchange for monetary benefit.
We do not knowingly “sell” or “share,” as those terms are defined under applicable California privacy laws, the Personal Data of children under 16 years old.
Sensitive Personal Data. We use and disclose your sensitive Personal Data only to: (i) perform services or provide goods reasonably expected by an average person; (ii) detect security incidents; (iii) resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal actions: (iv) ensure the physical safety of persons; (v) for short-term, transient use, including non-personalized advertising; (vi) perform internal business services; (vii) verify, maintain, or improve the quality of our products and services; and (viii) for purposes that do not infer characteristics about you.
Your Privacy Rights. If you reside in California, you may have the following rights concerning your Personal Data:
- The right to know what Personal Data we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Data, the categories of sources from which the Personal Data is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, “selling,” or “sharing” Personal Data, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Data, and the specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected.
- The right to rectify or correct inaccuracies regarding your Personal Data
- The right to request the deletion of your Personal Data under certain circumstances.
- The right to opt-out of “sharing” or “selling” Personal Data for targeted advertising:You have the right to opt-out of our processing your Personal Data for purposes of targeted advertising. To opt-out of the “sharing” or “selling” of your Personal Data for targeted advertising purposes, please use the instructions described in the “Cookies” section above or access our cookie management tool here: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. You can visit our cookie management tool by clicking the Revoke Consent below.
Exercising your Privacy Rights. If you wish to request the exercise of your privacy rights, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or services, or by providing you with a different level or quality of services, based solely upon this request. Please contact us at our toll-free number 1-800-742-8368 or by emailing us at [email protected]] if you have questions or would like to exercise such rights. You may be able to designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. We will take steps to verify your or your authorized agent’s identity when we process the request.
Access to this Privacy & Cookies Statement in Alternative Formats. Individuals who need assistance accessing this Privacy & Cookies Statement in an alternative format can do so by calling us at 1-800- 742-8368 by contacting us via the information under “Contact Us” below.
California “Shine the Light” Law. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our web site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by calling us at 1-800- 742-8368.
How long do we retain Personal Data?
We typically retain Personal Data related to marketing activities for as long as you accept our marketing communications. Upon request, we will securely delete such data in accordance with applicable law. For Personal Data that we collect and process for other purposes described above, we typically retain such Personal Data for no longer than the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy & Cookies Statement and as otherwise needed to address tax, corporate, compliance, litigation, and other legal rights and obligations.
Are third-party websites governed by this Privacy & Cookies Statement?
Our Sites may contain links and references to other websites administered by unaffiliated third parties. This Privacy & Cookies Statement does not apply to such third-party sites. When you click a link to visit a third-party website, you will be subject to that website’s privacy practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy and security practices of the linked third-party websites before providing any Personal Data on that website.
We are active on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Glassdoor, and LinkedIn (“Social Media”). Our Sites may allow you to connect and share data with Social Media. Anything you post on Social Media is public information and will not be treated confidentially. We may assign (or re-post) on our Sites and our Social Media pages any comments or content that you post on our Social Media pages. Your use of Social Media is governed by the privacy policies and terms of the third parties that own and operate those websites and not by this Privacy & Cookies Statement.
How do we handle employee and contractor privacy issues?
Personal Data about our employees, contractors, and other Company temporary workers are addressed through internal company policies and procedures, and are outside the scope of this Privacy & Cookies Statement.
What about Personal Data relating to minors?
Our Services are not intended for minors under the age of 18. As such, we do not target our Services or knowingly collect Personal Data relating to children under 18 without appropriate consent as required under applicable law. If we learn that we have processed the Personal Data of an individual under 18 without appropriate consent, we will take reasonable measures to delete the information as soon as possible and not use such Personal Data for any purpose, except where necessary to protect the safety of the minor or others as required or permitted by law. If you believe a minor has provided us with Personal Data, please get in touch with us at the contact information below.
How will we handle any changes to this Privacy & Cookies Statement?
We may update this Privacy & Cookies Statement occasionally as our services and privacy practices change or as required by law. The effective date of our Privacy & Cookies Statement is posted below, and we encourage you to visit our Sites periodically to stay informed about our privacy practices. We will post the updated version of the Privacy & Cookies Statement on our Sites and ask for your consent to the changes if legally required. This page reflects the most up-to-date version of our Privacy & Cookies Statement and thus takes precedence over the information provided in any other document.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. However, no security measure can guarantee 100% security. You also have an essential role in protecting Personal Data. You should not share your username and password with anyone else and should not reuse passwords across multiple sites. If you have any reason to believe your username or password has been compromised, please get in touch with us.
If you have questions or comments regarding this Privacy & Cookies Statement or our privacy practices, please get in touch with us at:
Attn: Field Controls
2630 Airport Road
Kinston, NC 28504