TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier Support
The following tabs provide support on setting up and using your TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier. If you need additional support, contact us at 252-522-3031.
A Closer Look At Your TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier
Setting Up Your TRIO Plus S
Getting Started - Video Introduction
Product manager Gareth Lewis demonstrates setting up your TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier.
Please note video shows the setup for the Trio Plus. The Trio Plus S will not have the UV lamps or PCO cartridge.
Step by Step Instructions for Setup
Please ensure that the correct filter installation sequence is followed. Otherwise, there may be damage to the product and the filtration efficacy of the air purifier may not be as effective as advertised.
Before using the TRIO Plus S portable air purifier, remove all packaging materials covering the filters and place the filters into the air purifier as described in the following steps:
1. Remove Cover
With both hands on the upper side of the air purifier, first pull the front case in the direction 1, then lift the front case in direction 2.
2. Remove Pre-filter
Press down in the pre-filter screen tabs and pull outwards. Remove packaged pre-filter from the pre-filter screen frame and then remove filter from package.
3. Remove filters
Remove each filter form the air purifier then remove the packaging.
4. Place HEPA Filter
Grasp the HEPA filter and place the filter back into the air purifier with the tag pointing towards you.
5. Place Pre-filter
Slide the pre-filter into the pre-filter frame from the bottom. Then place the bottom of the pre-filter into the slots on the bottom of the air purifier and press the top inward.
6. Place Front Cover
Place front cover on the unit once all the filters have been installed. Slide the front cover slots on the base into the slots on the air purifier, then push the top towards the unit until the cover clicks closed.
Where To Place Your TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier
Ideal Location for Classrooms
Ideal Location for Conference Rooms
Ideal Location for Offices
Ideal Location for Gyms
Ideal Location for Dorm Rooms
User Manual, Product Sheet, and Submittal Sheet
TRIO Plus S User Manual
TRIO Plus S Product Sheet
TRIO Plus S Submittal Sheet
Guides and helpful tips
Learn how to get the most of your TRIO Plus S air purifier
*Video includes setup for the Trio Plus S and Trio Plus models.
TRIO Plus S Introduction
TRIO Plus S Unboxing and Setup
TRIO Plus S Filter Replacement
Unit will not turn on
- If the power light is off, the unit is not correctly plugged in. Please confirm the plug and socket connections.
Unit works abnormally
- Please check whether the plug is inserted into the socket and check On/Off button status.
Fresh air cannot be delivered from the air outlet smoothly
- Remove any packaging for the filters.
Poor odor removal
- The air quality of the room is very poor. Open the window to improve air ventilation.
The air purifier generates an abnormal sound while running
- The air inlet or air outlet is blocked. Unplug and remove the object blocking the air flow.
The air purifier is always detecting high levels of particles
- The sensor cover is dusty. Clean the sensor cover.
- Clean or replace the filter that needs to be replaced.
Field Controls, LLC (“Company”) warrants that its products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for the limited period indicated, from the date of installation, subject to the provisions 1-8 below.
Ninety (90) Days
One (1) Year
Portable Air Purifiers
- During the limited warranty period, Company, or its authorized service representative, will repair or replace, at Company’s option, without charge, a defective Product. Product that is repaired may be repaired with new or refurbished replacement parts. Product that is replaced may be replaced with a new or refurbished product of the same or similar design. Company will return repaired or replacement Product to the customer in working condition. Labor charges are not covered as part of the limited warranty.
- With regard to UV lamps/bulbs, customer shall be required to include a “valid proof of purchase” (sales receipt) identifying the Product purchased (Product model or accurate date code information) and the date the Product(s) was purchased.
- Product whose warranty/quality stickers, Product serial number plates, or electronic serial numbers have been removed, altered, or rendered illegible shall not be covered under the limited warranty.
- Defective Product must be returned to Company, postage prepaid.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUE, INABILITY TO USE PRODUCT, OR OTHER ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, AND CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES) RESULTING FROM THE USE OF PRODUCT. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- THIS WARRANTY AND REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Company makes no warranty of any kind in regard to other manufacturer’s products distributed by Company. Company will pass on all warranties made by the manufacturer and where possible, will expedite the claim on behalf of the customer, but ultimately, responsibility for disposition of the warranty claim lies with the manufacturer.
- Product that has been subjected to misuse, accident, shipping or other physical damage, improper installation or application, abnormal operation or handling, neglect, fire, water, or other liquid intrusion are not covered by the warranty.
FAQ for Trio Plus S Air Purifier
Does the Trio Plus S Portable Air Purifier Reduce COVID?
The CDC, ASHRAE, and EPA recommend portable HEPA air cleaners to reduce the risk of transmitting SARS-CoV-2, the pathogen that causes COVID-19. The TRIO Plus S has an H-13 HEPA Filter capable of capturing 99.97% of 0.3-micron particulates.
How often should the filters be replaced in the TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier?
How do I size a TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier for a room’s size?
Sizing for a room depends on how many air changes per hour you need. The TRIO Plus S has a high airflow and in one hour can exchange the volume of the air in 3,780 sq. ft. room, and exchange 5 times the volume of the air in a 756 sq. ft. room.
• 1 Air change per hour 3780 ft²
• 2 Air changes per hour 1890 ft²
• 5 Air changes per hour 756 ft²
How noisy is the TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier?
The TRIO Plus has the following noise levels at various fan speeds:
- Fan speed 1 = 24.7 db
- Fan speed 2 = 28.5 db
- Fan speed 3 = 35.8 db
- Fan speed 4 = 45.4 db
- Fan speed 5 = 47.5 db
- Turbo speed = 52.8 db (the sound of a refrigerator or quiet office)
What are the key purification technologies included in TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier?
The TRIO Plus S features 2 key stages of purification:
- Pre-filter – captures large particles, hair, and dust balls.
- H13 HEPA Filter – captures >99.97% of 0.3-micron particulates.
What do the authorities recommend to reduce transmission?
CDC, EPA, and ASHRAE recommend
- Control the Source – Work on reducing the source of the air contaminants.
- Increase Ventilation – Bring in as much outdoor air as possible and ensure HVAC settings are maximizing ventilation.
- Use Air Cleaners – Add proven effective air cleaning devices, HEPA and UVC, to filter and purify the air.
Why do I get a funny odor from my TRIO Plus S Portable Air Purifier?
First, check to make sure that all packaging has been removed from the TRIO Plus. Second, some new filter can product a different odor initially; however, this will go away within a couple of days.
Getting Started - Maintenance Video Introduction
Product manager Gareth Lewis demonstrates maintenance for the TRIO Plus S and the Trio Plus Portable Air Purifiers.
* Video includes setup for the Trio Plus S and Trio Plus models.
To increase the life of the air purifier, perform regular maintenance and care. Before performing maintenance, be sure to shut down the air purifier and unplug the power plug from the power source.
HEPA filters and activated carbon filters are best replaced every 3 to 6 months, depending on the use situation. High-efficiency HEPA filters will likely capture more particles and require replacement earlier than if the purifier was run at low speeds, filtering less air.
Cleaning of the Air Purifier
- Clean the air purifier once a month. If the operating environment is poor, increase the cleaning frequency.
- Before cleaning, turn the air purifier off and unplug from the power source.
- When cleaning or servicing the air purifier, use OSHA approved safety glasses, glove, and mask.
- Clean the air purifier with soft, dry cloth. Do not use alcohol, gasoline, benzene, or other chemical solvents for cleaning.
Replacing the TRIO Plus S Filters
How Often To Replace the TRIO Plus S Filters
The filter indicator on the control panel will blink indicating the filters require inspection and/or replacement. It is recommended the pre-filter screen be inspected every 2 months. When there is dust on the surface of the pre-filter screen, remove it with dust collector to extend the usage period of the filter. The filters should be replaced every 6 months. However, the life of the filter may differ according to the degree of pollution in the environment.
How to replace the filters in TRIO Plus S Air Purifiers
You’re just a few steps away from successfully replacing the filters. First, make sure you’re safe:
Always shutdown and disconnect the power before replacing or servicing.
1. Remove Cover
With both hands on the upper side of the air purifier, first pull the front cover in the direction of 1, then lift the front cover in the direction of 2.
2. Remove Pre-filter
Press the clasps of the pre-filter frame down, releasing the frame, then pull the pre-filter towards you. Pull the pre-filter down and out of the frame. Carefully place the used pre-filter into a disposable bag. Save the pre-filter screen frame.
3. Remove HEPA Filter
Pull the tag to remove the filter from the air purifier. Carefully place the used filter into a disposable bag.
4. Remove Carbon Filter
Pull the tag of the carbon filter to remove the filter from the air purifier and carefully place the carbon filter into a disposable bag.
5. Place Carbon Filter
Remove the new Carbon Filter from its packaging and place the new filter in the direction of the arrow with the tag pointing towards you.
6. Place HEPA Filter
Remove the packaging on the new HEPA filter and place in the direction of the arrow with the tag pointing towards you, in front of the Carbon Filter.
7. Place Pre-filter
Insert new pre-filter into pre-filter frame. Place the bottom of the pre-filter frame into the slots on the bottom of the air purifier and press the top towards the air purifier until the clasps click closed.
8. Place Front Panel
Place the front panel’s hooks into the air purifier slots at the bottom then press the top towards the air purifier.