Highlights of the Fresh Air Power Ventilator
- SAFE: Eliminates contaminants that are inside the home
- PERFORMANCE: Purifiers the air in your home with fresh air from outdoors
- AIR FILTER: UL-900 rated filter is tested to remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
Features of the Fresh Air Power Ventilator
The FAPV (Fresh Air Power Ventilator) is an in-line duct connected fan that provides fresh outdoor air to meet indoor ventilation code requirements and occupant preferences. Managed mechanical Fresh Air Ventilation improves air quality by diluting the indoor air with fresh outdoor air that is of significantly lower concentration of contaminants. Fresh Air Ventilation and Make Up Air can help stabilize the pressurization of the home eliminating the potential for contaminants to enter the home through uncontrolled areas of filtration.
The FAPV may be set to run either continuously or to run intermittently as controlled by a fresh air ventilation controller such as the Field Controls model FAVC (Fresh Air Ventilation Controls). The FAPV includes an electronic speed control with a readily accessible Off switch that may be used to meet either the continuous ventilation rate or equivalent intermittent ventilation, the speed control feature may also be used to reduce the outdoor airflow rate and help meet the minimum return temperature requirements of HVAC systems.
Due to the ever increasing tightening of the building envelop, a home’s ability to “breathe” is significantly impacted. As a result, Indoor air is typically 5 to 10 times and can be 100 times more polluted than indoor air. (Source: EPA). This poor Indoor Air Quality cam have significant impacts on the health and quality of life of the occupant, as evidenced by the following facts:
- Asthma and severe allergies affect some 57 million people. – (Source: EPA)
- Asthma incidence has jumped 61% since 1982. Coincidental with tighter home construction practices.
- Asthma is the leading cause of chronic illness in young children. 6.8 million children have asthma. – (Source: American Lung Association)
- 45% of homes in the United States have someone with a respiratory related illness. – (Source: Decision Analyst 2010)
- 1.9 million respiratory related emergency doctor visits a year.
The FAPV include a MERV 6 washable air filter, as well as an internal slot for easy slide-in installation of a standard size 10″ x 10″ x 2″ air filter. Also included is a passive airflow-operated backdraft damper, which may be required by code for installation of a ventilation system air inlet duct.
The Fresh Air Power Ventilator should be installed by a licensed contractor. Find a contractor in your area.
Specification of the Fresh Air Power Ventilator
|Model||Part Number||Power Supply||Watts
|Temperature Range||Control Voltage (optional)||Airflow Range||Filtration|
|FAPV-180AC||602603700||115 VAC, 60HZ||85W||0.90Aw||-22° to 140°F Ambient Outdoor Temperature||24VAC||30 to 220 CFM @ 0.20 Static Pressure||MERV 6, Washable UL-900 Rated|
CONTACT US FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE FRESH AIR POWER VENTILATOR
2630 Airport Road
Kinston, NC 28504