Highlights of the Fresh Air Ventilation Control
- CFM CONTINUOUS DIAL: Controls the continuous ventilation rate and is factory pre-set at 50 CFM.
- OUTDOOR TEMPERATURE LIGHT Indicates whether outside air temperature meets ventilation requirements.
- INDOOR MONITORING: Monitors indoor temperature and humidity to continuously sense actual return air duct conditions.
- 30 MINUTE CYCLE: Introduces fresh air more frequently and regularly, which means the air is more evenly balanced.
- MONITORING CAPABILITY: Monitor up to four appliances.
Features of the Fresh Air Ventilation Control
The Fresh Air Ventilation Control (FAVC) effectively manages the central fan to deliver required ventilation. The control monitors enthalpy conditions and can interface with multiple additional exhaust fans to adjust and deliver ventilation intelligently. It can even respond to the clothes dryer, kitchen exhaust fan, or fireplace.
FAVC is designed to meet the requirements of ASHRAE 62.2 2016 standard for ventilation. By delivering fresh air ventilation all year long while conserving energy and providing homeowners comfort. The FAVC monitors indoor relative humidity and outside temperature and uses the fresh air duct to regulate humidity in the winter months and to prevent humid conditions in summer months. In addition to preventing mold, the FAVC will prevent condensation and corrosion of the heat exchanger.
- Meets the requirements of the ASHRAE 62.2 standard for ventilation.
- Supplied with an outdoor temperature sensor which mounts in the fresh air duct.
- Has three selectable Climate Zones with unique ventilation inhibit parameters for the selected climate.
- Monitors up to four exhaust appliances within your home to adjust ventilation needs based on total appliance operation.
- Can provide Make-Up air in response to an exhausting appliance.
- Can utilize an exhaust fan to drive ventilation independent of the central HVAC fan to save energy.
- Continuously monitors indoor Relative Humidity:
- Lower excess indoor humidity during hot muggy days by reducing ventilation during these periods to prevent discomfort and mold growth in the home.
- Reduce condensation and corrosion of the heat exchanger.
Intelligently Manage Fresh Air
The Fresh Air Ventilation Control interactively works with residential HVAC system thermostats, in conjunction with the central fan air handler system to periodically introduce controlled amounts of fresh air into the home. The FAVC is designed to provide fresh air ventilation all year long keeping energy conservation, indoor air quality and comfort in mind. The FAVC system meets the requirements of ASHRAE 62.2 standard for ventilation. The controller has several modes of operation: standard mode is designed to work in conjunction with your forced air HVAC fan system and an economy mode designed to function independent of your forced air HVAC fan system.
The FAVC which is part of the Field Controls Healthy Home System™ product line interactively works with residential HVAC system thermostat, in conjunction with the central fan air handler system to periodically introduce controlled amounts of fresh air into the home.
Specifications of the Fresh Air Ventilation Control (FAVC)
|Model||Part Number||Dimensions (in)||Voltage||Amps|
|FAVC||602600100||4.33 H x 6.6 W x 2.6 D||24||0.07|
Feature Comparison Matrix
- FAVC with Dual HRV’s and Dual FAD’s (HRV triggered from FAVC thru ON/OFF and High-Low Wall Switches)
- FAVC with Full Ventilation Monitor Installation with Dual Exhaust Fan Control, Monitoring of 4 Appliances
- FAVC with Full Ventilation Monitor Installation with Isolated Loads, Dual Exhaust Fan Control, Monitoring of 4 Appliances
- FAVC with Full Ventilation Monitor Only
- FAVC with Exhaust Fan Control and Monitoring
- FAVC with Dual Bath Fan Ventilation Monitor with Single Exhaust Fan Control
- FAVC with Carbon Dioxide Sensor
- FAVC with Dwyer CO2 Transmitter for IAQ FAVC and ERV / HRV
- FAVC with Dual HRV
- FAVC with Dual Fresh Air Dampers for Inlet and Exhaust
- FAVC with Aprilaire Humidifier Model 600 with Digital Humistat
- FAVC with Communicating System with Variable Speed Fan Motors
- FAVC with Dual FAD, Dual HRV
- FAVC with ERV / HRV
- FAVC with Kitchen Exhaust Fan / Control FAD
- FAVC with FAD and Outdoor Supply Air Fan
- FAVC with two FAD dampers
- FAVC with two FAD dampers for makeup fresh air damper
CONTACT US FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE FRESH AIR VENTILATION CONTROL (FAVC)