Highlights of VentCool Tahoe Whole House Fans
- PSC MOTOR: Economical and reliable Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) motors that operate with up to 90% less energy than traditional air conditioning.
- AIRLOC GRAVITY DAMPER: A precise sealing system component designed for a secure precise seal to isolate the attic from the living space.
- WALL MOUNTED SPEED CONTROL: 2-speed wall mount control with an 8-hour timer to set the desired operation period.
- ACOUSTIC SILENCER DUCT: 7 feet of insulated flexduct designed for a quieter sound operation.
- DECORATIVE INTAKE GRILLE: White cube core design easily removed for cleaning.
Accessories/Parts: VentCool Tahoe Whole House Fans Accessories
Features of the Tahoe Whole House fans
Tahoe whole house fans provide up to 30 air changes per hour depending on fan selection and size of house. A precooled house greatly reduces air conditioning use during the day. VentCool whole house fans are energy efficient, quietly performing residential cooling systems. Free cooling mode uses up to 90% less energy than air conditioning mode.
Tahoe series attic fans feature economical and reliable Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) motors. PSC motors operate on up to 90% less energy than traditional air conditioning. Tahoe models also feature an exclusive AirLoc Gravity Damper. AirLoc dampers have a precise sealing system designed for a secure seal to isolate the attic from the living space when not operating the fan.
All of our whole house fans are rated and tested to Home Ventilation Institute Standard HVI-916 and can be used to comply with 2016 Title 24 Part 6. These house fans are also eligible for the Home Energy Renovation Opportunity (HERO) financing program.
What is the difference between a whole house fan vs an attic fan?
Attic fans help prevent the transfer of heat from a hot attic to the living space below. An attic fan is installed in the attic and blows hot air from the attic out through a roof-level vent. Use a fan in the attic to reduce the temperature in the attic by up to 50 degrees and reduce the temperature by as much as 10 degrees in the living space below the attic.
A whole house fan is installed in the ceiling, usually in a central location. The fan draws in cooler evening air through open windows and pulls warm air from the living space of the home. Then the fan blows the hot, stale air into the attic where it is vented. Whole house fans can provide up to 30 air changes per hour depending on the home’s floor plan, the climate, and fan size. This results in enough air to cool a home in approximately one hour. Shut off the fan is shut off and close the windows to preserve the cooler air once the sun rises and outdoor temperatures increase.
Check out our Summit Series whole house fans.
Tahoe Whole House Fans should be installed by a licensed contractor. Find a contractor in your area.
Specifications of the Tahoe Whole House Fans
|Model||Part Number||Fan Airflow||HVI-916 std.Title 24 (NET) CFM||Watts||CFM per Watts||Watts per CFM||Sound Level (dBA)||Digital Speed Control Time/Temp||Acoustical Silencer Duct||Rough Opening (inches)||Grille Dimensions (inches)||Damper Blade R-Value||Attic Venting* (sq. ft.)||Open Window+ (sq. ft.)|
|Sizing 2 cfm/sqft||Sizing 1.5 cfm/sqft|
|VentCool-T2||602601026||2,369||1,932||295||6.55||.15||54||2 spd/8hr||16" x 7ft||14.25 x 22.25||16 x 24||R-5||2.58||7.7|
|VentCool-T3||602601036||3,339||2,759||350||7.88||.13||53||2 spd/8hr||18" x 7ft||14.25 x 22.25||16 x 24||R-5||3.68||11.0|
|VentCool-T4||602601048||4,590||3,640||430||8.47||.12||56||2 spd/8hr||20" x 7ft||14.25 x 30.25||16 x 32||R-5||4.85||14.8|
|VentCool-T5||602601056||5,902||4,123||630||6.54||.15||59||2 spd/8hr||20" x 7ft||14.25 x 30.25||16 x 32||R-5||5.50||16.5|
|VentCool-T6.5||602601066||5,951||4,631||778||5.95||.17||60||4 spd Dual Fan||(2) 16" x 7ft||14.25 x 36.25||16 x 38||R-5||6.17||18.5|
- VentCool Tahoe Series Submittal Sheet Models T2, T3, T4 and T5
- VentCool Tahoe Series Submittal Sheet Model T6.5
- VentCool Whole House Fan Tahoe Series Product Sheet
- VentCool Whole House Fan Tahoe Series Installation/Owner Manual Models T2, T3, T4 and T5
- VentCool Whole House Fan Tahoe Series Installation/Owner Manual Model T6.5
CONTACT US FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON TAHOE WHOLE HOUSE FANS
2630 Airport Road
Kinston, NC 28504