Enhancing indoor air quality and minimizing heating costs, both heat recovery ventilators (HRVs) and energy recovery ventilators (ERVs) utilize fans to maintain balanced airflow in a space, while exhausting and recovering energy from stale indoor air.
So, what is the difference between an HRV vs. an ERV?
- An HRV transfers heat
- An ERV transfers both heat and moisture
The Field Controls HRV systems are ruggedly engineered with a patented aluminum core and unique dual-stream airflow design that:
- Keeps outgoing stale air separate from incoming fresh air
- Efficiently transfers heat from outgoing stale air to incoming fresh air
- Completely rejuvenates the air throughout an entire home up to eight times a day
- Lets you enjoy an energy efficient home without breathing harmful indoor fumes from paint, plastics, carpets, adhesives, and household products, or lingering pet odors or moisture that causes mold
Recommended for colder, northern climates, Field Controls’ HRVs channel heat from inside the home, then conveys it to incoming fresh air from outside, improving comfort while managing condensation.
Ensuring energy efficiency with optimal effectiveness, our HRV lineup:
- Includes six models that range from 40 cfm to 250 cfm, with four models that feature the DuoTrol™ balancing system for light commercial applications
- Boast high performance motors that range from 550 to 1,200 cfm.
- Meet or exceed ventilation standard ASHRAE 62.2
Ventilation Installation Made Easy
Featuring an SPM™ (Single Person Mounting) Attachment System, the entire line of Field Controls HRV/ERV products is designed for installation by a single person. SPM enables you to save time and effort by offering you a variable attachment system. Further, making installation quicker and balancing simple, our revolutionary ISF™ 5” Oval Collar System with integrated balancing taps allows you to manipulate duct within your reach and then insert by sliding it in place.
The Air Movement Innovators
Field Controls is focused on the movement of air inside the home with a goal to improve indoor environments. Founded in 1927, Field Controls is an HVAC leader in combustion and venting of residential heating appliances, the world’s leading supplier of draft controls, draft regulators, and vent dampers that ensure safety and optimize the efficiency of heating appliances, and an innovator in comprehensive fresh air ventilation systems and indoor air quality purification systems.
For more information on our innovative HRV systems, contact us today.